Thursday, September 3, 2015

Reflecting with a heavy heart.

I've wrote this blog in my head a hundred times since receiving the truly devastating news Thursday evening that my mother in law has cancer. I don't want to believe it but there's no escaping reality. A million thoughts and questions run through my mind daily and I try to make sense of it all.

Here is what I know for sure. I've been blessed to be part of Janet's life for 19 fast years. When Jason and I started dating way back then, Janet welcomed me into their family with open arms, a warm smile and the most inviting conversations that her and I would share for years and years to come. Our long, flowing, natural conversations have always been my favorite aspect to our relationship. We can and have talked for hours and hours. Wither it be on the patio, at the kitchen table or on the phone we have shared stories, thoughts and laughs of our lifetimes.

I'm so thankful that she has been involved in our milestones. From our wedding, to helping me book our honeymoon, our move to Denver, her and Tim's many vacations to Denver, our fun motorcycle trip, our move back to Iowa, the births of Chloe and Cooper, the kids birthdays, holidays, weekend visits, family reunions, this list goes on and on. Janet has been there for me during some of my darker moments as well and for that I am very thankful.

Janet is quick to send a card, flowers, a gift, a phone call, whatever it takes to know that we're thought about and cared about. We are appreciative of your actions and have felt special because of them.

I want Janet to know that I love her with all of my heart. That I'm so thankful for our relationship. That I have a lifetime of memories shared with her. I will cherish the good times and learn from the hard times.

Janet, I am beyond sad and sorry that this is part of our story. But we are here for you every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment