Thursday, September 24, 2015

Painting for a cause.

Sunday evening my sister and I went to a fundraiser painting class. Thank you to Stephanie for giving Brigett your spot that you couldn't use. Some of use chose our own color pallet and the last pic is off the example painting that we worked from. It was a fun experience and one I'd do again :-)

The fundraiser is for a friend of mine who's 3 year old daughter Olivia (same age as Cooper) who was diagnosed with leukemia this summer. She is doing chemo now and will continue the treatments for two years. 

I met Emily and her daughter three years ago this new years eve at a mom's group play date, since then we both attended the Ridge on Wednesday's for two years and Emily and I both started mops last year at the same time. All of this has stopped for them because of the risk of catching germs.

While we were there having fun and painting, it wasn't ever forgotten why we were there, for sweet little Olivia and her parents. They are the most appreciate, humbled, thankful, sincere family. Please include them in your prayers.

It pains me to see cancer in so many lives. My sister is a cancer survivor and I'm so lucky to be able to say that. My mother in law in now dealing with cancer and we continue to pray for her and everyone in the family during this time. And dear Olivia and all the other children and people out there with cancer,I pray that there is a cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment