Tuesday, October 18, 2016

My first half marathon!!!

I had two goals this year, first to run a 10k, which I did in the spring and then to run a half marathon, which I did this past Sunday!!! I started training for the half as soon as I finished the 10k. It was countless hours of running all spring and summer long. I seriously couldn't have done it with out the endless support of Jason. He would encourage me when I was less than motivated. And take care of the kids, dog and house so I could hit the pavement.

I loved seeing Chloe, Cooper and Jason there cheering me on and congratulating me! Chloe gave me so many words of encouragement and support on the drive to the race that morning, it seriously helped me out! She's an awesome little girl :-)

The half was an amazing experience physically and emotionally. The run was awesome, I actually really did enjoy it. The weather could have been better, it was warm for fall and so incredibly humid. They also changed the route this year and added that horrible hill up the capital at mile ten!!! Why would they do that, it was torture??!! I was averaging a 9:50 mile until mile ten. That's when I ran up the hill and the leg cramps started. I could barely run, it hurt so incredibly bad. The cramps never went away and I ran through the pain for 3.1 more miles. It added quite a bit of time to my total which had me bummed but I finished none the less. My time was 2 hours 19 minutes with a pace of 10:38/mile.

I'm so proud to have reached both of my goals this year! I'm not trying to boast, I try to be a humble person but I never thought I'd be a runner let alone a half marathoner, so it's a mix of shock and feeling accomplished, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment